"On Becoming A Doctor" Part 2

In “On Becoming a Doctor”, by Tania Heller, MD, is a non-fictional book which talks about requirements for medical school and the book it has interviews with doctors. There are three different sections in the book. It has a Prologue, Interview section, and a Review section.                                    
     In the interview section, Tania discuses with Cardiologists, Neontologists, Radiologists, and etc. First, I want to conversate about what I want to be in the medical field. I have always wanted to be a doctor but didn’t know what specialty, and this book has helped me. Because of this book, I want to try to be a Neonatologist, I think it will be interesting. When you are a Neontologist, you specialize in taking care of newborn baby’s.  Specifically, with ill or premature babies, see I was a premature baby and was a month and one-half early. So, if I specialize in this I can understand more on what hardships this job can have, plus I can hold baby’s a lot so that’s wonderful. The only hard thing about this job for me if I become successful, is that I would have it see sick baby’s all the time. As Dr. Subramanian states, she graduated from the University of Maryland. He states, “The greatest challenges for a Neontologist, I believe, are the ethical ones, for example, technology allows us to prolong life and preform complicated procedures in newborn and infants. We must make sure that we always consider the ethical implications and don’t get trapped in the technology.” (pg. 129, paragraph 2). Even though there are complications with begin a Neontologist, I think it will be an interesting experience.


Heller, Tania. On Becoming a Doctor: Everything You Need to Know about Medical School, Residency, Specialization, and Practice. Sourcebooks, 2009.

Comments

  1. My sister-in-law works with newborns in a hospital setting. She is a nurse. If you ever want to know more about what it might be like ask me. I might be able to get you in contact with her. Good luck on whatever your decide to do with your future career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"On Becoming A Doctor" Part 1

"On Becoming A Doctor" Part 3